We are grateful that you are considering entrusting your child’s education and moral development to the administration and staff of Immaculate Conception School. We hope you find all of the information needed to make your decision, but if you have any further questions, please contact us.
For admission to Grade 1, a child shall be six years of age by August 31 of the school year in question. Kindergarten children must be five years of age by August 31 of the school year in question.
In advance of initial enrollment, the following certificates must be presented:
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (unless baptized at Immaculate Conception Church)
- Verification of Immunization as required by the State of Maryland
In considering children for initial enrollment beyond Grade 1, careful attention will be given to the child’s academic record or potential, his social and emotional development, and the family’s reasons for seeking Catholic School enrollment.
Children of families who have a past history of being delinquent in tuition payment will not be re-enrolled without written permission of the pastor.
In considering the re-registration of returning students and the admission of new students, the following priorities will be followed:
- Siblings of children of parish families already in the school and in good standing.
- Siblings of non-parish children already in the school and in good standing.
- Oldest child of families active in Immaculate Conception/St. Jude entering for the first time at the Kindergarten level.
- Oldest child of families active in other parishes entering school for the first time at the Kindergarten level.
- Catholic students transferring from private or public schools.
- Non-Catholic students transferring or entering school for the first time at the Kindergarten level.